Aaron and I have wanted a child for so long and it's amazing to think that she may have already been born! We began the paperwork with our agency in December and are nearing the end of our home study (just waiting on a few pertinent documents from outside sources). We've been thinking about her and praying for her daily....that she's getting some love from her caregivers and that she will attach to us. We've been talking to people who have adopted and who are in the process of adopting from Russia to learn as much information about this as we can!!! We are so incredibly thankful to those who have shared their stories with us as we continue on our journey. (Thank you, Leah)!!! This adoptive process seems very bureaucratic, at times, with all the paperwork we face and what we have already completed. But I remember the phrase my grandmother always told me....that anything worth having is worth working for! My mom has started a scrapbook a...
Please keep Aaron and I in your thoughts and prayers because we were called a couple of weeks ago by our adoption agency and because of what the woman in Tennessee did, referrals have slowed dramatically in Russia. It could be anywhere between now and December to March 2011 time frame before we even get information on a child. With that kind of delay, Aaron and discussed switching to domestic adoption and we've already paid thousands into this program so we've decided to wait it our for now....realizing that our timing is not always God's timing and that HE is never late (though sometimes we feel like he is). The only positive thing we see in all of this is that they haven't shut down the Russian adoption program and we are still in line for a little one. We think some things just have to be worked out and hope it happens soon. Though, in situations like this there is really only one thing we CAN do....and that is trust God....our maker and creator! W...
One day, I shall turn all of this into a book, beginning of when Aaron & I met and going forward. There are not many couples who can say they met on e-harmony, have traveled extensively and that are now adopting a beautiful baby girl from literally the other side of the world! This blog has been very therapeutic for me. I know it has for many other families who have and are adopting as well. I hope we can keep it up once our little girl is home so that other families have the kind of encouragement I have. Aaron spoke to Oksana, our Russian coordinator/translator and she seems very nice! We are thoroughly impressed with the service and the hospitality extended to us through Beacon House and Building Blocks. I've said it before on this, but we would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone wishing to adopt internationally. They are SO very personable and always available to talk when you need them!!!! We are SOOOO excited because ...
Aww...she will be singing up a storm running around at home with you guys so soon!
ReplyDelete