I have to say that I am not the most patient person, but this has really taught me patience....this whole adoption process. I've recently read many people's blogs and they say it really is ALL worth it in the end when you walk through the door to your home with your child! So, our first dossier is complete and should be in Russia by now. Now, we just wait for a referral. The first step, as I understand it, once they receive your documents is for them to be translated into Russian. Then, they have to be sent to region in Russia where you will then receive a referral. Some people get lucky, but for most, this process takes 3-5 months from the time your documents are submitted. That would put us at getting a referral (info on our baby girl) at around the September/October time frame. Our agency still thinks we could get our little one home before Christmas!!! We're praying for that...and that we can be a family of three before or by Chr...
I found an article online while researching adjustment periods post-adoption and thought it quite interesting because it makes a very pivotal point in saying that adoptive parents are not the only ones who are abusive to their children....or to the extreme even kill their children. I was researching this because I did not understand WHY someone who go to such great lengths to adopt a child (emotionally, financially, etc) and then allow these things to happen. This article explains a lot. It also interested me because in college (yes, I studied a particular area of Sociology) and that was Sociology of Childhood. I guess it saddens me to think that other prospective adoptive parents may never get the chance to love a Russian baby because of a handful of people's actions. Should Russia close adoptions to the U.S., Aaron and I will choose another country. We don't plan on waiting for them to iron everything out because that could take a long time....
Please keep Aaron and I in your thoughts and prayers because we were called a couple of weeks ago by our adoption agency and because of what the woman in Tennessee did, referrals have slowed dramatically in Russia. It could be anywhere between now and December to March 2011 time frame before we even get information on a child. With that kind of delay, Aaron and discussed switching to domestic adoption and we've already paid thousands into this program so we've decided to wait it our for now....realizing that our timing is not always God's timing and that HE is never late (though sometimes we feel like he is). The only positive thing we see in all of this is that they haven't shut down the Russian adoption program and we are still in line for a little one. We think some things just have to be worked out and hope it happens soon. Though, in situations like this there is really only one thing we CAN do....and that is trust God....our maker and creator! W...
Aww...she will be singing up a storm running around at home with you guys so soon!
ReplyDelete