God is Good All the Time.... and ALL the time He is Good

Never STOP running the race..... NEVER stop learning! 


To say that the last few months have been easy would make me a liar, but I have held on knowing God would heal me, move mountains so that Katie can attend a school, whether online or in person, that fits her special needs (and He has answered every prayer). Since there has been so much sickness with me because of surgeries I had, I pray that I can stay well so that Aaron's stress goes down and we have a peaceful and happy time when his mom comes to visit for Christmas. 

I came across something I wrote in January this year when life was tough. I thought I would share it in case anyone else can use these words of wisdom about their marriages. 

Choose to understand that love isn't always a feeling. Many days love will be a choice. It's a choice to press through and learn to enjoy the fragile blend of both the bliss and disappointment of two people sustaining a family. I added to it to say, I would marry Aaron all over again (in a heartbeat) given the choice because God has so richly blessed us. 

He ordained our adoption of Katie....which I cannot believe will be TEN YEARS in February 2021 since she became our child! She was TWO and now she is 12. Time flies.... don't blink, parents.

He allowed me to live through two sepsis battles and three blood clots that went to my lungs plus a major infection this year.  

Lastly, I am thankful for my prayer warriors. We have not been inside our church building since COVID hit and I MISS our church family. I am hopeful we can attend soon. My immune system needs a little longer to recover. I am aiming for Christmas Eve service! 

Before I close and share some photos through the years, some of the photos below show that I ran the Across the Bay 10K. This was 2015 and I know WITHOUT a doubt with practice and patience to run the race set before me, that I can get back in shape. After all, we need those endorphins.

Hebrews 12:1- "1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,.... 

My grandmother has a favorite verse and she has is displayed in her house. I love it because it reminds me and us that The LORD can use us in every situation and that he is ALWAYS with us.

Isaiah 40:31: 

"31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Here are a few photos from over the years of our family.























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second meeting with our social worker....

Day two with our daughter!!!

Just a quick update...court is TOMORROW, February 11th!!!!