I have to say that I am not the most patient person, but this has really taught me patience....this whole adoption process. I've recently read many people's blogs and they say it really is ALL worth it in the end when you walk through the door to your home with your child! So, our first dossier is complete and should be in Russia by now. Now, we just wait for a referral. The first step, as I understand it, once they receive your documents is for them to be translated into Russian. Then, they have to be sent to region in Russia where you will then receive a referral. Some people get lucky, but for most, this process takes 3-5 months from the time your documents are submitted. That would put us at getting a referral (info on our baby girl) at around the September/October time frame. Our agency still thinks we could get our little one home before Christmas!!! We're praying for that...and that we can be a family of three before or by Chr...
She is just beautiful and looks like a cross of you both! What a doll. What does your IA doctor say? Gave you a "go?"
ReplyDeleteOur IA doctor gave us an absolute go! She has a case of scabies right now, but completely curable. Other than that, she has a little psycho-motor speech delay, but she can practically run. She loves to walk around the room holding our fingers, but she is also very affectionate! Yesterday, all she wanted was one of us to hold and cuddle her because she has a cold. :-(
ReplyDeleteWhoo-hooo! That is fabulous. All the kids are delayed - that's hardly a crisis. Scabies? Big deal. I sure hope you get her home by Christmas. That would just be so perfect. Your parents have to be on pins and needles!
ReplyDeleteI personally know two families that have adopted from Vlad - both girls, both around 2 years old at the time of adoption. Both home about 4 years now. Gone very, very well. The children are well cared-for and that makes attachment easier for all.
I am really, really happy for you! And if you haven't read and re-read "Attaching in Adoption" by Deborah Gray - now's the time, girl.
Thanks Becky! That has been my reading on the plane. I'm getting her a pacifier and bottle for at least the plane ride home. She LOVES being held and cuddled though by us and even lets Aaron cuddle with her. She seems to want that the most! I personally think she is going to be a daddy's girl!
ReplyDelete